Executive Assistant To CEO
Travel and media company Atlas Obscura is hiring an Executive Assistant to support the CEO, coordinating all administration, logistics, reporting and communication. The ideal candidate will have experience working with a senior executive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. The candidate should be exceptionally detail oriented, a creative problem solver, and diplomatic. Flexibility and sense of humor are key in this exciting and constantly evolving company.
Atlas Obscura is a remote-first company, however this role is based in NYC and will occasionally require in-person meetings and travel.
- Support the CEO to ensure that company goals and objectives are accomplished, and operations run efficiently.
- Maintain and refine internal processes, coordinating internal and external resources to expedite workflow.
- Manage board meeting scheduling and preparation, materials, and board member support, schedules and requests.
- Manage communication between teams and departments, liaising with internal and external executives on various projects and tasks.
- Manage professional and personal scheduling for CEO, including agendas, mail, email, calls, travel arrangements, client management, and other company logistics.
- Coordinate complex scheduling and extensive calendar management, as well as management of content and flow of information to senior executives.
- Manage, coordinate, and arrange travel and travel-related activities, including hotel booking, transportation, and meal coordination.
- Perform administrative and office support, maintenance of digital records and contact database.
- Maintain professionalism and strict confidentiality, and exercise discretion.
- Organize team communications and plan events, both internally and offsite.
- 3+ years supporting a senior executive.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Expert proficiency with Google Workspace (calendars, docs, sheets); Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.), Slack. Ability to learn other project management software.
- Exceptional communication skills, written/verbal.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work remotely and in-person when needed, with occasional business travel.
- Desire to work in a demanding, exciting, fun start-up environment helping build one of the world's greatest brands in travel and travel media.
Compensation is competitive and includes equity. Benefits for full-time employees include family health, dental, and vision plans and a generous vacation policy. At Atlas Obscura we believe exploration is for everyone and encourage diverse applicants. We are committed to an equitable hiring process and an inclusive work environment.
About Atlas Obscura
Atlas Obscura is an award-winning travel company founded in 2009. Widely celebrated for building the definitive, community-driven guide to the world's hidden wonders, the company also offers unique online and in-person experiences, produces once-in-a-lifetime trips, and has published two New York Times bestselling books with more than a million copies in print. Atlas Obscura has been nominated for three National Magazine Awards, a James Beard Award, three Webby Awards, and in 2020 was named one of Inc. 5000’s fastest growing companies. Having raised a $20M, Series B led by Airbnb last summer, Atlas Obscura is well-positioned for growth.